What am I going to get from this course?
- Have the skills to start making money on the side, as a casual freelancer, or full time as a work-from-home freelancer
- Easily create a beautiful HTML & CSS website with Bootstrap (that doesn't look like generic Bootstrap websites!)
- Convert any static HTML & CSS website into a Custom WordPress Theme
- Have a thorough understanding of utilizing PHP to create WordPress websites & themes
- Feel comfortable with the process of turning static websites into dynamic WordPress websites
- Fully understand how to use Custom Post Types and Advanced Custom Fields in WordPress
- Allow your clients to update their websites by themselves by creating user accounts
This course serves as an introduction to testing in Magento and how to create automated tests using PHPUnit. Further it provides a discussion of the advantages and disadvantages of different type of automated testing to aid in choosing which type to use and provides an overview of other testing tools.
In this course, you will learn what responsive web design is and how it is implemented in the built-in themes. You will see which files are used in a responsive site and learn which files you may want to customize for your own changes. You will walk through an example of implementing a custom design feature using the Luma built-in theme.
The course provides a brief overview of the Magento cloud Admin. You will learn how to create a new project in Cloud, set env variables, set up admin access, and modify the admin password.
You will learn about development phases, how to use git for cloud operations (like deployment), and how to configure external services like Elasticsearch.
This course will introduce Magento 1 front end developers to the Magento 2 platform. Students will understand the fundamentals of Magento's templating system and learn how Magento themes work and all the components of a theme, especially layouts, page templates and block templates. Students will learn to customize both the look and feel and the functionality of a website at the theme level.
This course provides an introduction to Magento performance tuning and
best practices for configuring Magento in single and multi-server
environments, MySQL tuning, and PHP performance. Students will also have
the opportunity to explore open source tools for benchmarking their
Magento installation and for fine-tuning the database server.